photo Header_zpse4960cb4.png


31 December 2013

2013

Did Hell just freeze over or is there actually a post popping up on my blog? Yes, yes my friends there is a new post.

You guys, having twins is NO JOKE. I had high, high hopes for myself to keep up this blog on a weekly basis and document anything and everything about the twins…. FAIL! Life with twins has been more than I ever expected it to be. It is beautiful. And challenging. (more on that in another post)

This post is my 2013 letter/review. I wanted to type out a list of things I was grateful for at Thanksgiving, but didn't get around to it and then, wound up sick with two sick babies. So this post is an ode to all the things I am grateful for in 2013….






Dear 2013,

You my friend were a challenge to say the least. It so tough to say that the best day of my life happened in a year I wouldn't call my favorite. The amount of stress and pressure that came along with you this year was insurmountable. As a whole you were not my favorite year, but you do hold my most favorite day in your hands. My beautiful boys were born in your year, and for that I will always love 2013. I am also grateful for the following that 2013 held:

My health - i have to remind myself on a daily basis how truly lucky I am to have this. There are many people sitting in hospitals not knowing when their last day will be, that would LOVE to take my place. I am forever grateful for my health.

My husband- this man has been by my side all year. (except this weekend when he flies to Pasadena for the National Championship game, but hey, he deserves it) I'm not sure where I would be without him. He is my rock. Through every smile, laugh, tear, breakdown and let down, he's been right there to share them with me. I am more in love with now then I have ever been.
I am also thankful for his job, and the way he works his tail off. Because of both of these components, I  was able to make the decision at the end of this year to stay home with the boys. I so look forward to not ever missing a thing and watching their every growth.

My boys - my boys:) I love saying that. These two littles have brought more joy to my life than I ever could have dreamed. My every breath is stolen by them. My world revolves around them. And I will spend every second of my life making sure they know how much they are loved and how very much they mean to me.


My family and friends - these people are the best support anyone could ask for. They kept my spirit and soul up this year and I am forever indebted to them for doing so.

My incredible doctors - my doctors had to make some incredibly tough decisions on my behalf this year. And although I did most of these hard things kicking and screaming, they brought my two happy, healthy baby boys into the world safely. Thank God for them

Hospital bed rest - yes, I said it, I am thankful for the 5 weeks I sat in a hospital bed and cooked my littles just a bit longer. This had a major hand in their health. Their great health. I also made great friends with my nurses and continue with some of those friendships today.
And lastly, through bed rest, I learned a lot about my self. I did lots of soul searching and self learning. Because of bed rest, for the first time in my life, I was fully proud of myself.

Parenthood - parenthood has also taught me so much about myself, it has made Adam and I an incredible team and it is the single best thing that has ever happened to me.

*** my friend Leah gifted me "The Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude" book. Its dated for every day of the year and you are supposed to write down every night, the little things you were grateful for that day. These things aren't meant to be big things, like family, friends etc… they should be silly things that you take or granted every day. ie: your Starbucks barista had your drink ready and waiting for you when you walked into your neighborhood Starbucks.
I was so excited to receive this, and I am making it one of my goals this year to do it every night. Wont you join me? you can find the book here.

I've listed out some small things below that I am grateful for, some on a daily basis, and some that happen every once in a while:

-my babies crying, screaming crying  - i always make a point to stop and think to myself, thank God for those lungs.
-my pup - poor thing didn't know and still doesn't know what happened to her. She has been patient and very good with the boys. She still craves attention but she keeps her distance while still trying to figure out who these little boys are.


-Instagram/blogging - i know, sounds so ridiculous, but through both of these "places" I have formed wonderful friendships with other twin moms that have quickly become my "pen pals." We swap advice, almost on a daily basis, and without them, I would be lost.

-my pump - not really, but really. I hate my pump, I do. But its the only thing that has made giving my boys the very best milk, possible. (I plan to burn it when I'm through)

-my home - i love my house. I curse it on a daily basis when I have to run up and down stairs 100 times a day, and we are currently looking for a new one. But every time I curse it, I do say "if you were only one level, I would stay in you forever" other than the stairs, its perfect. I am so thankful to have a beautiful roof over my head.

-my car - I am blessed to drive what I drive and feel safe every time I am in it and every time I drive the boys in it. I know it sounds silly to be thankful for this, but my anxiety levels aren't as high as they would be knowing I am in a very safe car.

-my bed - after being in a hospital bed for 5 weeks and then on my couch for 2 weeks, I have never been more thankful for that king sized bed in my life. It is my little slice of Heaven.

reflux - both my boys have reflux. And although it is the bane of my existence, I know these boys could have a lot worse conditions. Being "happy spitters" is low on the totem pole of infant conditions and I am thankful to be there and not dealing with something more serious. (or something that gives me less sleep than I am getting now)

-sleep training/Moms On Call - because of this program my boys are sleeping 9 hours through the night now. Which makes this completely sleep deprived momma feel like a whole new woman.

-Snuzas - the boys wear these little alarms to monitor their breathing. If they have no movement for 15 seconds the alarm buzzes them to get them to move, if they don't move after that buzz, an alarm will sound to let Adam and I know. This helps me sleep at night.

There are countless other things that I am grateful and thankful for this year and every day. I am hoping my new journal will keep my list up to par for this letter next year.

Thank you all for following along, for your endless support, prayers and kind words through this year.
Here is to 2014 being the best yet!



xxoo
-b



1 comment:

  1. Love you and can't wait to see what the next one has in store. Can't wAit to start using the journals tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete