photo Header_zpse4960cb4.png


17 January 2013

Book Review: Gone Girl




hey hey!
I wanted to start reviewing books I've read, as I feel like I am always looking for a good, new read. Hopefully some of my reviews will help you all discover books you would like to read.

You first should know, I haven't always loved to read. I desperately tried liking it in high school and college while all my other friends were swapping books and stories, but I have a wandering mind. I can not concentrate for the life of me. Its a blessing and a curse. I am now teaching myself to "Live in the moment" and not thinking about everything in the future, weather it be for work or in my personal life. I've learned, especially recently, there isn't always tomorrow, so plan for today and live in today. (I'm at least telling myself that and trying to live that way).

On my honeymoon in 2009, we sat by the pool in Mexico for an entire week, and I decided to give reading a try. And wouldn't you know I finished three books. I've realized there are a few styles of books I am drawn to. And once I learned what those were and how to pick out those books, I started to love reading.

Which brings me to Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I've seen Gillian on a number of newscasts and talk shows, and apparently this was one of "the" books of last year. It had one of the styles I liked, a little bit of mystery/suspense. Now, it started out slow and I almost stopped reading it. But I am glad I stayed with it. I finished it in no time!

I love a book that I just can't wait to get back in my hands at night and start reading. That's this kind of book. For anyone looking for a new book, I would highly recommend this one! Remember, hang in there through the first part of the book, I promise it gets there.

The next book on my list is The Great Gatsby. If you remember I am participating in the Blogger Book Club and this is the choice of the month. I know a lot of people read this in high school, but I never did. So I am very excited to do so. The movie comes out this summer, so I am happy this one was picked. (going to make hubby take me to the movie, since I sat through Zero Dark Thirty for him....grrrr)


happy reading!
-b

No comments:

Post a Comment