photo Header_zpse4960cb4.png


03 January 2013

new year, new beginnings

 
Pinned Image 
 
 
 
I have the above (from Pinterest) written on my chalkboard over my mantle in my living room. It's a precise, to the point motto for exactly how I feel about 2013. I am ready to tackle what is ahead of me. I felt a bit unprepared going into last year. I was new at my job, battling anxiety and panic disorder, and still trying to find myself. But 2012, although a rough year, taught me so much. My mind, body and heart are all ready to have a great year.
Here are some of the things I plan on incorporating in my life to keep myself content, keep my mind and heart whole and my body healthy.
 
Understanding timing :: I know the phrase "everything happens for a reason" is over used. I'll be the first to admit, I say it ALL the time. But I've found a different lesson and definition in the saying. I've learned everything has its own time and place. I've learned to trust God and myself when it comes to timing.
 
Saving :: My hubby and I are both "spenders".  We're not always frivolous but we made a pact to do as much as we could in our twenties as far as visiting friends/family and travel goes. We rarely said "no" to a trip, wedding or function, and I wouldn't save a single dime we spent on anything we've done or anywhere we've gone. But now that we are making our way into our thirties, we are going to get a little tighter.
 
Confidence :: This is a big characteristic I can use in a lot of aspects in my life. For those of you who have met me, you would say I have self confidence. I want to stretch beyond that and improve my confidence about personal health and work. I've learned the mind is a very powerful thing, and so is the body. I want to use both to tell myself that I can do anything, and overcome anything my body or mind endures.
 
Peace :: By "Peace" I don't mean silence. I don't want to be in a place with no noise, or trouble. Those are the places I learn and challenge myself the most. I want a mindset of peace when I am in those places; a calm heart, to know everything will be alright and they way it should be.
 
Self love :: I spend a lot of time questioning why I have certain attributes or why I am the way I am.  I've learned its a big waste of time. You are who you are. Changes can be made, small ones, but they can be done. But through and through I am the way I am for a reason. In some arenas my characteristics may be considered flaws whilst qualities in another. This year is about accepting that.

Body love/health :: A lot of 2012 was spent getting myself back into physical and mental shape. I had a trainer and nutritionist who were both instrumental in me getting physically fit and healthy. By the end of 2012 I had lost 17 pounds, was eating clean (most of the time), had a major respect for exercising and was off my anxiety medicine. BOOM! This year will be about keeping those up and challenging myself to make my body and mind healthier.

  I will more than likely add to this list as I think of more and will post an update when I do. I am going to continue documenting things I've "learned" in my twenties until my 30th birthday. The series will be "20/30 :: Starting To See Straight".
Thank you all so much for following along!

Let's do this!
-b

(Picture courtesy of Pinterest via: tarafirma.tumblr.com)



No comments:

Post a Comment