photo Header_zpse4960cb4.png


21 January 2013

MLK

Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
 Today we remember an amazing man. The first word that comes to mind when I hear Dr. Martin Luther King's name, is courage. His thoughts and visions were never "easy", but he continued to push his ideas forward and moved mountains.
Its not an easy task to not only become a leader, but to be so great, that you have the trust and belief of an enormous group of people and later, a nation.
This great man died too early to see our country honor him and live out his ideals, but I believe he knew all along the impact he would have on this world. I would kill to have a percent of the courage Dr. King had. If we all had a bit of that in us, imagine where this country, even world would go.
 
I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes spoken by Dr. King:
 
" Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."
 
-b


No comments:

Post a Comment