photo Header_zpse4960cb4.png


07 May 2013

Closet Clean Out

 
 
I mentioned yesterday that my Mom came into town to do some organization of my closets. Well I got more than I bargained for. I am on modified bed rest right now, so I am not allowed any high activity and no lifting, so my Mom made me sit at my desk and work while she tackled four closets in my house. She did an amazing job!
 
 
In our home we have 3 bedrooms and a loft (all upstairs). We were graced with a lot of storage closets in our home and for the first year of our habitation here, those closets remained empty. However, we've since filled them just in time to need them to be semi-empty again.
 
Here is what needed to be done {a little game of musical closets}:
 
Currently the two extra bedrooms are being used as an office and a guestroom. So my office is getting moved into our loft, the guestroom is getting moved into the office, and the twins nursery will be the where the guestroom is now. Whew!
I do have a hall closet outside of the nursery that I was using to store all my entertaining/party supplies. Mom quickly cleared that out and it now sits empty for extra baby storage! YAY!
 
The NEW guest room {old office} is the only room I got a before and after of:
 
{before}:
 
{after}:
 
 
Now I wont be ashamed of our guest closet when we have guests, and there is room for them to store their clothing, woot!
 
The other closet I have a picture of is the loft closet {which will now be my office closet}:
 
this closet is now storing all my office supplies, wrapping paper, gift wrap, greeting cards and our important papers. I was so happy with this closet!
My loft is still a mess, as we haven't moved the furniture around quite yet, but when it's done I'll post a picture! {i was thrilled that my printer fit into this closet and is able to be plugged into an outlet} My loft has built ins in it so I was afraid the printer wouldn't fit. This worked out perfectly!
 
Now the other 2 closets are just empty. So those would make for boring pictures, but when they are complete, I will also post a picture of those. Next Monday we have a few custom closet companies coming out to give us quotes on the nursery closet. We have custom closets in both our master closets and in our garage (just cabinets) but that came with the house. With two babies on the way, I need all the organization and storage I can get. Here is what I am hoping we can accomplish in their closet...
{only I might opt for three hanging rods on each side!} fingers crossed we can get this done
 

 
 
Hopefully next week I will have an update on exactly what we are going to do! So excited! And in about 2 weeks we should find out the gender of these littles, then the shopping and planning will be in full force. We are going to try and get as much done as early as possible to prevent last minute things if I go on bed rest.
 
Have you ever used a custom closet company?
 
happy tuesday!
-b
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I need a closet makeover like no other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to read this post because im an organizing freak. I got custom closets for Courtneys nursery from a living social deal. Her closets came out similar to your postings. Try to find one because hers look amazing and it cost next to nothing compared to what it could run you. I think i paid $100-150 and it got $ 500 worth of closets,design and install.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to read this post because im an organizing freak. I got custom closets for Courtneys nursery from a living social deal. Her closets came out similar to your postings. Try to find one because hers look amazing and it cost next to nothing compared to what it could run you. I think i paid $100-150 and it got $ 500 worth of closets,design and install.

    ReplyDelete