photo Header_zpse4960cb4.png


08 May 2013

Creamy Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup

{{{Hubbs- do NOT read this post, I lied to you about an ingredient I used, but you loved it not knowing :)}}}

So, I tried to make dinner three times last week, all resulting in me having dry heaving spells and not eating. I dont have a problem making it, but after its done and I sit down to eat it, I start thinking about everything I just put in to the food and I'm immediately turned off.
So, I went through Pinterest the past two nights to find a few crock pot recipes. Since I can make throw everything into the crock pot around lunch (when I'm feeling good) and it will be done by the time A gets home.
I tried the following recipe last night, and it was excellent. {I of course modified it a bit}
 
Creamy Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup
 
this recipe is via Heather Likes Food {which is going to be a great resource for me}
Here is the recipe: {my modifications in italics}
 
Ingredients
  • 6 cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce or 24 oz jar prepared spaghetti sauce + 1/2 lb browned ground beef + 1/2 lb browned Italian sausage {I did not add meat}
  • 1/2 bag (4.5 oz) fresh spinach leaves
  • 4 C chicken broth
  • 8 oz cream cheese {I did not use this much, I cut it in half}
  • 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms {i used baby bella mushrooms, since they are small but meaty}
  • 16 oz frozen cheese tortellini
Instructions
  1. Combine spaghetti sauce (and meat if adding it in separately), spinach, cream cheese, chicken broth, and mushrooms in a slow-cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours, on high for 2-3.
  2. 20 minutes before serving, turn heat to high if it isn't already an stir in frozen tortellini. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until tender and hot.
  3. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
 
 
Again, this turned out delicious! It even made enough for me to enjoy for lunch today!
On a side note: but a good garlic bread or roll for dipping, it would be yummy!
 
any good websites you all like for recipes?
 
happy halfway through the week!
 
-b

No comments:

Post a Comment