photo Header_zpse4960cb4.png


14 May 2013

Linguine with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Olives, and Lemon - Review

Picture of Linguine with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Olives, and Lemon Recipe

So I am a huge Giada Laurentiis fan, huge! I record a lot of her shows to get extra ideas for dinner. Since pasta has been my go to recently I  have been paying extra close attention to her pasta meals.
We made this last week and it was amazing! I watched her make it on TV and then had to have it. HAD TO HAVE IT. So off to the store I went that night to get the ingredients. It turned out great! I loved it, and A loved it! This recipe was quick, easy and cheap to make.

here is the recipe, if you want to try....
Ingredients
  • 1 pound linguine pasta
  • 1 cup (6-ounces) chopped or julienned sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
  • 1 cup (4-ounces) medium green olives, pitted
  • 1 packed cup fresh basil leaves
  • 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
  • 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
  • Zest of 1 large lemon
  • 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preparation
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water. Place the pasta in a large serving bowl.
In a food processor, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, basil, garlic, oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Pulse until blended but still chunky.
Add the tomato mixture and Parmesan cheese to the pasta and toss well until the pasta is coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Prep time: 8 minutes; Cook time: 8 to 10 minutes
Serving Size
4 to 6 servings

I love a good salty meal {duh} and the olives and sun dried tomatoes make a wonderful pair in this dish!

enjoy!
-b
 


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. This sounds & looks absolutely delicious! I love any kind of pasta!!

    ReplyDelete